Application for financial support/grant
Financial support can be offered to those who are or have been employed on board and to their next of kin. (Husbands, wives, life partners, and children under 18 years are considered next of kin).
Criteria for receiving a grant:
• Onboard employees must have completed a minimum of 75 months at sea after the age of 20. The ship/ships must have been Swedish-owned or controlled, or, alternatively must have been a foreign ship with Swedish employers.
• Single applicant with an annual income under SEK 190.400.
• Co-habiting applicant with an join annual income under SEK 238.000.
Applicants with children under 18 may, in certain circumstances, be eligible for additional grants. Grant receivers who are residents abroad are required to submit a specific certificate of residence, witnessed by an Embassy, Consular office, or police authority to the Foundation annually before 31st October. The required form is sent to the recipients in August each year. Grants are paid twice a year on or around the 15th of June and 15th of December.
Grants are paid:
• Regularly after ongoing assessments while the receiver is alive.
• To the receiver for a predetermined period according to the specific situation.
In the case of death while the beneficiary of a grant the foundation will pay the next amount due to the next of kin.
Financial support/grantApplication for financial support/grant
Do not forget to download your application on the next page. Then you need to sign it and send it to us.